Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't hate me...

...but I've lost 3.5 lbs this week! 

Hi!  Anne here, and I'm still in shock after this morning's weigh in.   I started out really good this week, but by Friday those monstrous cravings were kicking in, and I found myself eating every 25 minutes.   I get to the point of being so hungry that it just takes over.  It's better today, so maybe sabotaging my diet once and a while is an OK thing.  Confession:  I went to Culvers at 9:00 last night.  I don't even remember driving there.

I'm down to one Mtn. Dew a day, and I've been eating more veggies and fresh fruit, and smaller portions.  I think kicking the pop habit is the biggie.  And it is pure hell.

I also volunteered at school Tues - Fri so I wasn't at home alone with the refrigerator calling me.  Been doing my interval training on the treadmill (YAWN) and yesterday, I rec'd my box from Amazon!!  What did I order?   Check it out!



Yes!  Marissa Tomei was in the box!!  Well no, just her DVD and the most awesome hula hoop.  I like hula hooping and it's great exercise, but the kiddie hula hoops are too little and light weight for me to keep going long enough to be effective.   

I watched the DVD and so far I'm only able to keep the hoop going while standing in one position.  When I was a kid I could walk up and down the street with it - in fact I think I could run and hoop at the same time.  So, I just need to get back into form.  I like it because it doesn't hurt my knees.

The DVD's are sort of lame.  They're also hooping with their arms and unless you have 10 foot ceilings (or your only 4 feet tall) it's not very doable.  I can see myself just doing this to my own music.

You can get weighted hoops on line (I haven't found them in stores here) without having to buy the DVD.  That's probably what I would recommend.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I can't believe Marissa Tomei made a hula hoop workout video! That is so weird! Btw CONGRATULTIONS on losing 3.5 lbs! That's awesome! Do I need to tell you how many sticks of butter that is? It's 14 sticks of butter! Wow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Well done on the 3.5 lb. loss. ANY loss is a victory in this battle. Bulge is a vicious enemy. When we vanquish it, we are mighty warriors, ladies!!! And 14 sticks of butter worth of fat off our asses is a LOT of butter. At least enough for one of my batches of white air-popped popcorn.

    ReplyDelete