Wednesday, August 31, 2011

YUMMY!




It's about time I tried this stuff and DAMN it's good.  Remember how I told you about my love for the Yoplait Creamy Vanilla yogurt.  Forget about it.  This tastes so good and it's better for you in that there is more protein and way less sugar.  Holy Mother of Mary...  my new addiction. 

Today's breakfast was the same as yesterday and it won't vary all that much.  One protein, one dairy, one fruit and protein drink.

Snack was pnuts and an iced coffee.

Lunch was shrimp (6 oz), steamed green beans (one cup), and 1/2 pear. 

Snack was protein bar.

Dinner:  Pork chops cut into thin strips and stir fried in EVOO.  Added some pea pods (OH YUM!!), some bell pepper (I used orange tonight) and some red onion and fresh garlic..  I got this recipe off of the back of my honey mustard jar - I substituted pork for chicken and made a half recipe of the sauce which called for 1/3 cup of honey mustard, 1/3 cup of bbq sauce, and 1/2 cup water.  Even with only half that, it was too much sauce so next time I'll make even less, but I'm tellin' ya - tasty!!!  Those pea pods; maybe that was just a really great batch that I picked out but they tasted so good.    Oh, I also steamed some baby potatoes for my starch and they melted like butter in my mouth.  Even got a thumbs up from Brian! 

I had to fight off some urges today.  Convenience stores are the work of the devil, I swear.  A healthy eater's nightmare...  Donuts, corn dogs, pizza, "fresh" baked cookies, chips, and entire aisle of chocolate.    All I wanted to do was use the ATM....  Martha Focker that was hard to resist and I felt myself get instantly tensed and crabby.  I went home and had a big water and a protein bar and I felt better.  Haven't thought about it since. 

So try the Chobani if you get a chance.  And want to.  Or don't.  No pressure.  Looking forward to hitting the farmer's market tomorrow. 

p.s.  It's the first day of school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne


2 comments:

  1. Greek yogurt is AWESOME. Love the extra protein, since I have trouble getting enough. I eat one every day!!! Honey is my absolute fave flavor.

    I also HATE convenience stores. I walked into one yesterday to buy a gallon of 1% milk and came out with a 12-pack of Mountain Dew for the teenager's "date night" with her boyfriend. Of course, having it in the house meant that I instantly started to crave a pop, and even though I'm not a Dew fan, it served as a Coke substitute! Aaarrrggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit!!

    Honestly, I don't know how I lived without Greek yogurt before!

    ReplyDelete