Friday, August 26, 2011

Self-Control Gods, Give Me Strength This Weekend!!!

Hi Ladies!  Kristin here.  We're off to our cabin for the weekend in a couple hours, but I wanted to stop here to suck up some motivation before I leave on my three-day-cabin-food-odyssey.  So thanks, girls!  It helps, it helps, it HELPS.

I'm going to do my very best not to blow it this weekend.  I have never really pigged out when we're up at the cabin, but life is different up there...it's all about relaxing, de-stressing, and feeling happy.  COMFORT FOOD CENTRAL, in other words.  Being the emotional eater that I am, I know what this often means at the cabin:  Wine coolers.  S'mores.  Bacon or sausage for breakfast, washed down by Coco Wheats.  And pancakes.  (LOL)  Chilled macaroni-peas-mayo"salad."  Fresh-caught, pan-fried walleye.  (YUM!)  Hot cocoa.  Chewy granola bars (which I don't fool myself into thinking are "healthy"), grilled burgers (which, without the fluffy white-flour buns and butter-soaked grilled potatoes and brown sugar baked beans next to them, would be just fine...)  And did I mention wine coolers?

It's tough.  I'm going up there planning to be drastically disciplined, compared to the above description.  I want to have fun, and I don't want to be crabby from depriving myself of all of my favorite cabin foods, BUT I also would give just about ANYTHING to not wake up Monday morning to a 5-pound weight gain, after coming off such a great week of really hard effort.  So I'll be struggling I'm sure, but hopefully I will not crumble.

I hope y'all have a great weekend of strength and success!!!  I've set a goal for myself:  I want to lose at least 10 pounds by my 43rd birthday, which is September 17th.  I KNOW I can manage that - if I stay on track.  It won't happen if I follow my healthy eating plan two days on, then two days off, etc. etc.    !!!!!!!  Stay strong, ladies!!!  Talk to you in a few days!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment