Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hi Lisa!

Anne, I'm excited that Lisa will be looking in on our little blog.  I look forward to reading some of her professional tips.  I especially would like to know why it is that even though I feel better, look better, am healthier, and enjoy life more when I'm down a few pounds and in an exercise routine; why why WHY am I so compelled to stop doing it?  It makes no sense to me.  It is the most frustrating thing about this whole endeavor.

I just got back from a weekend away and I'm feeling a bit depressed anyway, and with that on top of dealing with family all weekend, I ate like a hog.  I ate so much sugar that I actually felt sick.  I woke up today feeling full so I have been under control today, and I even exercised and now I'm kind of excited and relieved to be home to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-restart my healthy-eating plan.  I wish there was a weight loss narcotic because I really like narcotics and I really like losing weight so if they were combined it would be so great.  Alas, I'll have to wait until I have another root canal before I get more narcotics, but I suppose I can start losing weight. Sigh.

Anne, I totally hear ya about the fixing-food-for-the-family thing.  I hate that I'm in charge of food.  It only makes sense that I am because I'm pretty much a housewife and it's part of the house, but if I could get rid of one housewife chore it would be food.  I don't like shopping for it, putting it away, throwing away the bad stuff, cleaning the fridge, and especially meal planning.  I hate meal planning.  And my family isn't even picky.  If they were I'd probably slit my wrists.  I'm just not very good at it.  It bugs me that a person can spend hours getting a meal on the table (counting the shopping and everything) and then it gets eaten in 15 minutes and then it's time to clean up and prepare for the next meal.  Nobody is ever just fed, already! 


Okay, that's enough from me for now.  I'm a healthy-weight-loss soldier starting first thing tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Me, too! Re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-starting today. (Wednesday) It's as good as any other day to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-start, yes?



    BTW, I share the compulsion to STOP for some reason. I go great guns for a few days, and drop crazy pounds. Then...WHAT?! I lose my desire to keep doing that? To keep being happy about it? To keep jumping up and down in glee when I step on the scale instead of moping away in defeat? What's my problem, REALLY here? I'm clueless. It's not like I don't know what I do wrong!!! I KNOW....................

    ReplyDelete