Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Nothing Will Ever Taste As Good As Being Thin Feels"

Ahhhhh, sounds so good, doesn't it?  Now if only I could make myself remember that when I'm pouring butter on a huge bowl of popcorn!!!    LOL
(I borrowed that quote from my Mom today; thanks, Mom!)

Kristin here -  hope everyone is having a successful week!  Mine has been fairly decent.  Since re-vamping everything (eating plan & exercise schedule) on February 7th, I've lost 6 pounds.  I am beyond thrilled.  After 2 1/2 years of yo-yoing, every pound I lose is going to make me want to celebrate.  (And as long as I don't celebrate with Cadbury Creme Eggs, it's all good.)

A few things that are helping me immensely are the 1100 calorie goal; I start my day with a cup of tea and don't eat anything until I'm truly hungry for it, then I spread out only 600 calories all day following that same pattern, alternating first a food item, then a beverage, etc.  So my day looks kinda like:  Cup of tea, apple, glass of iced tea, serving of almonds, can of diet 7-up, plate of baby carrots, etc. etc.  Once I hit 600 calories, I stop until my 500-calorie, 6:00 p.m. "reward supper."  (The "reward meal" concept comes from the "Carb-Addict's Diet," and it works like nothing else I've ever tried.  It completely eliminates my late-night cravings!  This is a MIRACLE!)

I'm also now working out 5 days a week - alternating the following, to combat boredom:  Tae Bo Basic workout, 45-minute treadmill walk, 45-minute elliptical workout, "Yoga For Weight-loss" DVD, and "Wii" Zumba.  I'm actually looking forward to trying the Zumba for the first time this weekend.  Fun!

Happy battling, soldiers!

1 comment:

  1. I think Cadbury eggs taste as good as being thin feels. Easily. And chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete