Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Results

Hi, Sarah here.  Today was weigh day and I lost 1.5 pounds.  I feel like that is not equal to the amount of starving and exhausting workouts I did last week.  I am really hating my metabolism lately.  I've lost 3.5 pounds since the beginning of January.  That blows.  But I will keep it up, I guess.  This week I plan to avoid as much sugar as I possibly can, and white flour.  I'll focus on protein and vegetables (barf) and do more cardio than strength training and see where that gets me.  Today I blew it.  I dropped Sam off at his grandparents house then I was planning on going grocery shopping, but instead I found myself in a bit of a fugue state and ended up at Applebees and I had ordered a plate of fried shrimp.  It was DELICIOUS.  I needed a splurge and now I'm motivated to do another week.  Then I went to see the movie The Rite and did NOT order popcorn (yay for me!)  I wrote a review of the movie on my regular blog.  Check it out here.

Soldier on, ladies!  Good luck on a new week!

1 comment:

  1. I am 100% in agreement about the disparity between the number of pounds lost vs. the amount of torture we're enduring. It HAS to be the older, and therefore more sluggish/stubborn metabolism. I HATE IT. If I were doing this much starving and sweating against my will at age 30, I'd weigh 112 pounds by now.

    ReplyDelete