Thursday, May 31, 2012

Having the flu is so inspiring!

Hello!  Anne is here and recovering quite slowly from the flu.  ugh.  Something about my body violently extracting all of the contents of my digestive system makes me all excited about eating real, good food again.  Then I visited The Chunkersons blog and Kristin, you have inspired me!  You wrote about snacking on veggies with some homemade dip and now that's all I can think of.   My mom makes this and actually, it's not all bad for us.

Veggie dip:

1 cup mayo (I know, I know)
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (more or less to taste)
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
1 small onion grated (more or less to taste)
Mix well and refrigerate. 

I make a half batch for myself.  Mayo?  Yeah, it's not all that bad...and you could use less or substitute yogurt or sour cream if you'd rather.  I like it a lot!  And anything to make those veggies go down a little easier is always good.

I'm making my grocery list and I'm craving fresh strawberries and oranges.   Fish, shrimp, and steak done to perfection.  Sweet potato fries...  gah!  I never knew I loved sweet potatoes!    Now if I could just get enough energy to actually go to the store.  Jello and broth don't really do much for me there.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, Anne! UGH. Nothing beats the "Sick As A Dog Diet," eh?

    I'm going to try your veggie dip with my favorite light sour cream - the seasonings sound delish! I've been snacking on an endless supply of mini carrots, fresh cauliflower, fresh mushrooms, and sugar snap peas - i chop up 4 or 6 ounces of each and throw it all in a BIG bowl, and toss it together with 4 Tablespoons of light dip or hummus, with a little of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE seasoning - McCormick's "Perfect Pinch - Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper." Here's a link of a pic:

    http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1001029_052100011820_A_400.jpg

    I eat that huge mess of fresh veggies with dip and I am stuffed FOR HOURS!!! Every day, one huge bowl. And the whole thing is less than 250 calories!!!!!!!

    Feel better! :o)

    ReplyDelete