Sunday, May 6, 2012

I feel better

I'm starting to come down from my usual bad attitude that always happens the first few weeks of starting a new diet.  I'm not all the way there, not feeling exactly positive, but I am getting better.  Friday was a terrible day.  I got on the scale in the morning, all excited to see the results of starving myself all week and I did not lose one single ounce.  Not one ounce.  I was exactly the same as I was the week before the under-a-thousand-calorie-a-day diet kickoff.  Talk about discouraging!  Then I went on to have a HORRIBLE day at work, came home to a dirty house and was beside myself with anger and discouragement so I went to the gym in an attempt to burn off my overwhelming irritation with the whole day.  I did a hard hour on the elliptical and tired myself out.

The next morning I weighed myself again, and I was down 1.5 pounds.  Why couldn't the scale have said that the day before?  How frustrating.  But of course, anything within three pounds is legit, so I don't know why it matters so much.

So this week I've decided to up the intake to 1200 calories a day, which after last week, I don't think will be that hard.  On Slimkicker I've adjusted my RDA to include more carbs and slightly less protein.  For now anyway.  I just feel better with more carbs.  When I adjust to this, maybe I'll try to lower the carbs and increase the protein, but for now, I'm keeping it where it is.

Today I made a recipe that when I first heard about it I thought, "Gross."  but the more I thought about it the more interested I was to try it.  It is for brownies with a mix, but instead of adding oil, egg, and water, you add a can of black beans.

two things that don't seem to go together
When you open the beans, you are supposed to rinse them to get the black syrupy gunk off them (hungry yet?) and then fill the can (with the beans still in there) with water and then blend that up so there are no big bits of beans.  It should be kind of thick, but smooth.  It does NOT smell very good.  Then you add the beans to the mix and fold together and put in the pan and cook as directed.  That's it.  They smelled pretty good while cooking.  Here's what they looked like when they came out:


Not bad!  I tried one and they were very good.  You can't even tell they are made with beans.  One pan is equal to 18 servings:

About like this
One brownie has:

148 calories
2g fat
205mg sodium
32g carbs
2g fiber
2g protein
0 cholesterol
19g sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment