Monday, March 5, 2012

One week and STILL fatter than ever!

I've been dieting again for a week.  I stayed within a calorie range that is supposed to make me lose 1.5 pounds per week, and I went to the Y and did elliptical a few times and, of course, shoveled snow.  I ate less and was more active than I have been in weeks and guess how much I lost?  ZERO POUNDS!!!!  Maybe I'm just stopping the weight gain train and it will take a few weeks.  Right?  Right?????  That must be it.

Dieting highlights my character flaws and I don't want my character flaws highlighted.  If I don't succeed almost immediately, I want to quit.  I'm a quitter.


That's what I think is the hardest thing about dieting.  Struggle struggle struggle - fail.  Try again, struggle struggle struggle - fail.  Try REALLY hard struggle struggle struggle - lose half a pound when you feel like you should have lost 5.  It sucks.  I'm going to have to shove my fat ass into another pair of too-tight clean pants and live with the cramps, gas and camel toe that goes with it.  Fuck.

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G Sarah. With any luck, I just lost half a pound of PEE, which is (almost) running down my leg from laughing at your post. The Horrid Chunky Pants Camel Toe - LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BTW, your assessment is dead-on. It's the Weight Gain Train (I like that!) vs. the Instant gratification train, and the Smackdown ain't ever pretty. Guess who wins? Not the train I'm on; that's for fat-damn-sure!!!

    I discovered one thing about my "personalized goals" in the past 3 1/2 months: They're not strict enough for me personally. I plugged my height/weight/body type/age/blah/blah/blah into a dieting calculator thingie and it told me to eat 1200-1500 calories daily, and exercise three times per week for 30-45 minutes. Guess what??? Uh-huh. NOTHING lost. But when I eat 1000-1100 calories per day and haul my ass on the elliptical or the treadmill 4-5 times per week??? I lost frickin' 5 pounds that week!!!!!!! Exactly. Who knew, you gotta starve and sweat profusely to shed pounds and pounds and POUNDS of lard?!?!?! Too bad I LOATHE BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete