Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy GOBBLE GOBBLE!

OK ladies, so let's face it - today is the day we've (I've?) been dreading since having a little new success with the weight-loss.  Today will have to be one of GINORMOUS self-control and diligence.  There is food literally EVERYWHERE.  
It's also deer-hunting season, so our kitchen counter is piled high with tree-stand snacks - packets of trail mix (over 300 calories!), nasty-tasting gluten-free (sorry, but they're AWFUL...) protein bars (250 calories!), icky gluten-free cereal bars (over 200 calories!), and a fridge full of Hershey bars, mini-Snickers bars, and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  These things have always made up part of our "hunting foods."  I was out in my deer stand on Saturday and Tuesday this week, and I joined a couple of the mini-Snickers and Reeses with a tuna sandwich, a beef jerky, and a measured-serving of raw almonds and peanuts.  At least I made an attempt, right?  I managed to end the week a pound down from last week, so I'm not really complaining.
Today is also the first of TWO big Food Events in our family.  Tonight two grandmas and the grandpa come over to our house for marinated venison and goose, boiled potatoes, steamed broccoli, baking powder biscuits, and key lime pie.  And wine.  Of course.
Tomorrow is the Bigger Meal, at my Mom's house:  A huge turkey, stuffing, wild rice, mashed potatoes, baked squash, some salad my sister discovered made with popcorn and BACON (huh?!), pistachio-marshmallow salad, dinner rolls, pickles, olives, a huge roaster pan of my homemade Chex mix, and THREE pies - pumpkin, apple, AND pecan.  Beverages galore, too - lots of Coke Classic, Dr. Pepper, wine, beer, milk, coffee, urgh.  Not a glass of ice water in sight, LOL!
I plan to have a little bit of everything.  I CAN'T go insane.  It has literally taken me SEVEN MONTHS to lose and keep off TEN measly pounds!  I've been fighting the same ten pounds since the last week in APRIL.  I can't blow it now by gaining it all back in one decadent, evil weekend!!!!!!!
A little Thanksgiving humor for you, stolen from Facebook:
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY: First, buy the turkey and a bottle of whiskey. Pour yourself a glass of whiskey and put the turkey in the oven. Take another 2 drinks of whiskey, and set the degree at 375 ovens. Have 3 more whiskeys of drink and turn the oven on. Take 4 whisks of drinky and turk the bastey. Stick a turkey in the thermometer, and glass yourself a pour of whiskey. Bake the whiskey for 4 hours, take the oven out of the turkey, and floor the turkey up off the pick. Pour yourself another glass of turkey. Now just tet the sable, and turk the carvey! yur vari walcum!! HAPPY SOMETHINGMAS :)
 HAPPY TURKEY DAY, ladies!  Hope you're all doing great and can't wait to hear about your holiday feasts!    :o) 
Bella, the day after Thanksgiving.  Hahahahahahahahaha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment