Thursday, June 9, 2011

I got the blaaaaahhhhhhhs...

I'm so depressed.  Today was the last day of school and that always depresses me because it means no more work for me for the summer (what?  I like working!) and the kids are done with school for the summer, which is good, I guess, for them; but it means that they are another year older and I find that totally depressing.  It's even worse than their birthdays.  It's really bad this year because now my boy is going to be in HIGH SCHOOL, and my little tiny baby is going to be in middle school.  I no longer have any elementary school kids.  Totally depressing.

I also don't make transitions very well and this kids-growing-older, season-changing, out-of-work transition this year is a doozy.  I'm a hot house flower, what can I say?

So how is this translating to my overall physical health/well-being/diet/exercise?  It's reeking havoc.  I haven't exercised in over a week, and I haven't been keeping track of what I've been eating but I know the caloric intake would be shocking.  When I do this it only makes me feel worse, physically and mentally, which then makes me spiral down further, which then makes me feel worse etc. etc.  I'm trying to analyze this and figure out the triggers and all that jazz, but I think I know the triggers but I just can't seem to not succumb to them.  I suppose the old saying "fake it till you make it" is the key to success and feeling better.  But I don't wanna.  I don't want to do anything but sleep and sit on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment